xhtml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
The Friends of the Belmont Courthouse is a non-profit corporation formed for the purpose to preserve, restore, and protect the historic and real property of the courthouse at Belmont, Nye County, Nevada.
This organization was formed by a group of volunteer citizens concerned with the condition of the historic Belmont Courthouse. The courthouse was built during the years 1875-1876 and served as the county and judicial offices of Nye County from 1876 until 1905 when the Nye County seat was moved to Tonopah, Nevada. Having stood for over 135 years, the courthouse has been ravaged by time, weather, neglect, and vandalism
The Friends of the Belmont Courthouse is a corporation organized under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is authorized to solicit funds which can only be used to preserve, restore, and protect the Belmont Courthouse with the cooperation and guidance of Nye County.
Join us in protecting this important piece of history in Nye County. Become a member of the Friends of the Belmont Courthouse or Donate to its restoration today. All donations and membership fees are tax deductible.